Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sunset over the Henry Mountains - Utah


When I was young, I remember that during the day, work was to be done, according to my Grandfather Morton. But as sundown approached and the light could be seen filtering through the aspen leaves at the lot west of Midway, it was time to gather up all the camera gear and head out to catch the sunset. I got to tag along a few times carrying the tripod as Grandpa would wait for just the right moment. My mom could probably tell some great stories of spectacular sunset chases. Janene and I caught this one after driving as fast as we dared to the cliff edge, running out to the point, and scurrying around trying to set up the camera. As the sunset progressed from a few pinks and yellows to the blazing colors we finally captured, the light got too low for our camera and we sat on the point until the stars came out. The memory of that evening lingers whenever I see the sky start to turn a little pink in the west.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: